Have you ever considered converting your home or business from Oil to LPG (liquefied petroleum gas)?
If your Oil boiler needs replacing, then your Oftec registered oil engineer (Oil Firing Technical Association) will also need to inspect your oil tank to make sure that it meets current legislation. You may require a new bunded (double skinned) oil tank depending on the outcome of an individual site pollution risk assessment.
A single skin tank would only be allowed where there is no risk of oil reaching for example, a watercourse, water extraction point or aquifer after a release of oil from the tank.
Oftec also recommend that you check with your insurance company that you are fully covered if you only have a single skin tank.
- Oil Tank: A new bunded (double skinned) oil tank can cost an estimated sum of £1,000 + installation
- Oil Boiler : A Worcester Danesmoor 25 kw high efficiency conventional oil fired wall hung boiler can cost an estimated sum of £1,800.00 + installation
- LPG Tank: Currently many LPG suppliers offer Free of charge above ground tank installations with some even providing you with the base and trench all free of charge. Underground tanks can also be installed free of charge if you carry out the civil works (excavation of the hole)
- LPG Boiler: A Worcester Greenstar 24 kw high efficiency conventional LPG fired wall hung boiler can cost an estimated sum of £881.00 + installation
Therefore LPG installations are typically lower than a similar Oil installation by on average £2,000 – £2,500
- An old oil boiler is likely to be inefficient, increasing your fuel bills.
- LPG provides a clean, reliable and versatile heat source for central heating, hot water, cooking and living flame gas fires.
- LPG is a very competitive priced fuel offering more price stability over oil with fixed price tariffs up to 24 months
- LPG payments can be spread out using monthly direct debits.
Maintenance and servicing costs
- Oil boiler annual service can cost an estimated sum of £100.00
- LPG boiler annual service can cost an estimated sum of £55.00
- LPG is highly efficient and clean burning fuel meaning your appliances for example; central heating boilers run cleaner and therefore reduce your servicing and maintenance costs